Paid Leave Fact Sheets
- Paid Leave Works in California, New Jersey and Rhode Island
Studies of the nation's three paid family leave programs demonstrate how well paid leave policies work for workers, families and businesses.
- The Child Development Case for a National Paid Family & Medical Leave Insurance Program
Enacting public policies that provide parents with paid leave from work to care for their young children is critical to the healthy development of children and families.
- Treatment for Drug Use and the Need for Paid Family and Medical Leave
Treatment programs and the support of family caregivers aid the recovery of people with substance use disorders — but too many people do not have the supportive workplace policies they need to make ends meet while seeking treatment or providing this care.
- Fathers Need Paid Family and Medical Leave
Women, and especially mothers, continue to be the primary caregivers in most U.S. families today, but more fathers are providing more care now than in the past. Although some employers recognize this reality and the importance of providing leave for women and men, most still do not.
- Older Adults and Caregivers Need Paid Leave
Paid family and medical leave (“paid leave”) allows older workers to address their own health needs without having to drop out of the labor force.
- Paid Family and Medical Leave: Good for Business
Leading business owners and managers recognize that every worker will at some point need time off to attend to health or family issues.