Learn more about the internship program at the National Partnership.
The National Partnership for Women & Families offers internships for academic credit year-round (fall, spring, summer) and a limited number of paid internships during the summer.
National Partnership Fall and Spring Internship Program
The National Partnership offers internships during the fall and spring semesters only to students who are receiving academic credits from an accredited college or university. Students who receive academic credit for an internship may or may not receive remuneration from a third-party for their participation in an internship program. The National Partnership does not pay individuals who intern during the fall or spring semester; we will work with your college or university to help you fulfill requirements associated with receiving academic credit for your internship.
The National Partnership provides fall and spring semester interns who spend three or more days/week at the National Partnership a stipend in the amount of $50 per week to defray the cost of transportation and food.
We are no longer accepting applications for Fall 2019 interns. If you have previously applied, notifications will be made by the end of August.
We are currently accepting applications for Spring 2020 Workplace Legal and Reproductive Health Legal Internships. We will accept applications for our Spring 2020 Communications, Workplace Advocacy, and Public Health/Reproductive Health internships between Oct. 1 and 31, 2019. Review and notifications will occur by the end of November 2019.
Please click through the links below to learn more:
- Reproductive Health and Rights Legal Internship (law students), Spring 2020
- Workplace Programs Legal Internship (law students), Spring 2020
- Public Health and Reproductive Rights Internship (MPH & doctoral candidates)
- Workplace Programs Advocacy Internship (undergraduate and graduate students)
- Communications Internship (undergraduate and graduate students)
National Partnership Summer Internship Program — please check back in January 2020 for the application link.
During the summer, the National Partnership offers three types of internships:
- Internships for academic-credit, where students receive academic credit from an accredited college or university for a summer internship with the National Partnership. Students who are only receiving academic credit and who spend three or more days per week at the National Partnership will receive a stipend in the amount of $50 per week to defray the cost of transportation and food.
- Internships with remuneration from a third party, where students receive remuneration from a third-party, like their school or another organization, for their participation in an internship program (these students may or may not receive academic credit in addition to remuneration from a third party).
- Internships paid by the National Partnership. The National Partnership has a limited number of paid internship positions during the summer. National Partnership paid interns will be paid $15/hour for up to a 10-week internship.
About the Organization
For more than 45 years, the National Partnership for Women & Families has fought for every major policy advance that has helped this nation’s women and families. Our mission is to foster a society in which all people can participate fully and equally, and all women and families can live with dignity and achieve economic security — a society in which workplaces are fair and family friendly, women’s reproductive health and rights are secure and everyone has access to high quality, affordable health care that is patient- and family-centered. Founded in 1971 as the Women’s Legal Defense Fund, the National Partnership for Women & Families is a nonprofit, nonpartisan 501(c)3 organization located in Washington, D.C.
The National Partnership values and encourages diversity and solicits applications from all qualified applicants without regard to gender, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other factor protected by law.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.