The National Partnership works to improve the quality and value of maternity care through consumer engagement and health system transformation.
Reports and Issue Briefs
- Listening to Mothers survey series with related resources, including the recent Listening to Mothers in California survey
- Black Women's Maternal Health: A Multifaceted Approach to Addressing Persistent and Dire Health Disparities
- Blueprint for Advancing High-Value Maternity Care Through Physiologic Childbearing
- Overdue: Medicaid and Private Insurance Coverage of Doula Care to Strengthen Maternal and Infant Health
- Hormonal Physiology of Childbearing: Evidence and Implications for Women, Babies, and Maternity Care, report and related resources
- 2020 Vision for a High-Quality, High-Value Maternity Care System Maternity Care System
- The Cost of Having a Baby in the United States (full report | executive summary)
- Maternity Care and Liability: Pressing Problems, Substantive Solutions, report and related resources
- Evidence-Based Maternity Care: What It Is and What It Can Achieve
- Cesarean Birth Resources
- Snapshot: Black Maternal Health in the United States
- Cesarean Section Trends in the United States: 1989-2015
- Why is the U.S. Cesarean Section Rate So High?
- Delivering High-Quality, High-Value Care to Childbearing Women and Babies: Policymakers Can Make a Difference
- The Priority of Developing and Implementing CAHPS Maternity Care Facility, Clinician, and Health Plan Surveys
For evidence-based, woman-friendly information on pregnancy, childbirth and maternity care, visit the recently redesigned and completely updated ChildbirthConnection.org. This widely respected and consulted website clarifies why it is important for women to take an active role in their care throughout the childbirth process and provides trustworthy information and tools for doing so. Follow us on Twitter @childbirth and on Facebook at facebook.com/ChildbirthConnection.