The National Partnership and its activists worked hard to advance the Affordable Care Act. We were there every step of the way, and we are still working hard so women and families get the quality health care they need and deserve.
We fought for and won key provisions that now ensure:
- Women no longer have to pay more than men for the same insurance policy.
- Women are no longer excluded from coverage due to “pre-existing conditions,” which previously included breast cancer, C-sections, complicated pregnancies, domestic violence and more.
- Guaranteed maternity coverage.
- Coverage of preventative services with no copay, such as birth control, mammograms, breast pumps, cervical cancer screenings and more.
- Rights for nursing mothers, including break time and a clean, safe space at work to express breast milk.
- And more!