Front Office Assistant
The National Partnership for Women & Families is a non-profit, non-partisan organization that works to improve the lives of women and families by achieving equality for all women. We are seeking a Front Office Assistant to join our Operations team as our organization undergoes an organizational change process that seeks to ensure that we are more inclusive, diverse and equitable in our daily work and overall mission. This is a phenomenal opportunity for an entry-level or seasoned candidate who has strong customer service skills and enjoys being the first impression of a mission-driven organization.
The Front Office Assistant serves as the first point of contact for the organization and provides general administrative support to the Office Manager and Finance team.
- Staff the front desk from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm, answer the phones, greet and announce visitors;
- Provide the most hospitable experience for all staff and guests visiting the National Partnership;
- Organize and sort mail, faxes, and deliveries;
- Maintain the conference room schedule;
- Keep up-to-date guest list in the building security portal;
- Work with the Office Manager to provide administrative support on a variety of HR and other tasks, such as maintaining office & kitchen supplies;
- Assist Accounting Department with basic data entry, receipt collection and other tasks as needed;
- Assist with updating internal intranet websites; and
- Respond to requests from the public and route these requests to the appropriate staff member.
The Front Office Assistant is the face and voice of the organization for all visitors and is a critical support staff to the National Partnership. A successful candidate should thrive in a customer service environment and have gained the skills needed to perform tasks listed above through volunteer work, employment or other office settings. You will be enthusiastic, exhibit passion and excitement over your work and our mission, and have a can-do attitude. You must be able to pay close attention to details, have experience with Microsoft Office or other business software and be excellent with manipulating numbers and spreadsheets. Good proofreading skills are helpful but not required.
Salary & Benefits
The starting salary for this position is $43,000. The National Partnership provides a generous benefits package that includes three weeks annual vacation time, paid sick time, paid federal holidays plus the last week of December, health, dental and vision coverage, 403B and SEP-IRA retirement options, and paid family and medical leave for eligible employees.
Due to a higher than expected volume of applicants, we will close the application period for the Front Office Assistant position earlier than originally posted. Applications will be accepted until August 20, 2019.
The National Partnership is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to racial equity and social justice. We make a particular effort to recruit people of color to apply for open positions. People of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, and people with other marginalized identities are encouraged to apply. Please see EEO is the Law and Equal Employment Opportunity for more information.